Italian Government Study Grants Academic Year 2013-2014 (4)
In compliance with the Cultural Agreement between the Italian Republic and the Republic of Latvia, the Italian Government will offer 18 month study grants (620,- EUR a month) for the academic year 2013–2014. Travel expenses are not covered.
Grants can be applied exclusively during the academic year 2013-2014 (from the 1st January 2014 till 31st December 2014).The study grants awarded are for 3, 6 or 9 months.
Applicants may request study grants for: a) Courses in Italian language and culture, b) Courses in Italian language teaching, c) Study or research projects at non-private Italian research Centres – Laboratories – Libraries – Archives – Museums.
(Note: a) to c) refer to minimum 3 month grants.)
Six or nine month grants may be requested for d) Individual University courses, e) University degree courses (Levels I or II), f) Advanced professional training, art and music courses, g) Courses in Italian language teaching, h) Master Degree courses (Levels I or II), i) Doctorate courses, l) Schools of specialisation (excluding Medical studies), m) Individual or jointly supervised study or research projects..
All the information about Italian study grants are available at the following website:
http://www.esteri.it/MAE/approfondimenti/2013/20130509_bando_DEF_S_2.pdf (in Italian language)
http://www.esteri.it/MAE/approfondimenti/2013/20130509_bando_english_2.pdf (in English language)
It is kindly requested to read general conditions for applying to an Italian Government grant, available on the website of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs:
http://www.esteri.it/MAE/IT/Ministero/Servizi/Stranieri/Opportunita/BorseStudio_stranieri.htm (in Italian language)
http://www.esteri.it/MAE/EN/Ministero/Servizi/Stranieri/Opportunita/BorseStudio_stranieri.htm?LANG=EN (in English language)
Applicants must submit 1) online application form 2) informative documentation
1. Online application forms and rules for registering and filling in are available at the following website:
2. The following information (relevant information) must be sent by email (email@example.com):
- Curriculum Vitae;
- 2 Letters of introduction from academic authorities;
- Letter of motivation (also describing how the gained knowledge will be used in the future);
- Certified copies of diplomas including the diploma supplement or a certified list of grades, if the candidate is currently engaged in studies;
- Letter of acceptance (where required) from the host institution.
On-line forms must be submitted within 31st May 2013.
Relevant information must be submitted within 10th June 2013.
A Joint Committee will select the applications during the month of June 2013.
All successful candidates will be requested to observe the Memorandum of Bursary-holders:
http://www.esteri.it/mae/doc_borse_studio/20130506_memorandum%20for%20bursay%20holders.pdf (in English language)
http://www.esteri.it/MAE/approfondimenti/2013/Regolamento_del_borsista.pdf (in Italian language)
For further information, please contact:
- Embassy of Italy to Latvia: (firstname.lastname@example.org), telephone n. 67216069, 67211507;
- Lectorate of Italian Language – Faculty of Humanistic Studies of University of Latvia: Visvalza iela n. 4 A room 402 (email@example.com)